The Historic Site of S. Benedetto Monastery is a favorite destination for Baroque lovers, especially thanks to the presence of the Church of S. Benedetto, dedicated to S. Benedetto da Norcia. The church is part of the Monastery of the Benedictine nuns, initially built in 1355 and rebuilt at the beginning of the 1700's, after the terrible earthquake that struck Val di Noto in 1693.
The tour of the site, reachable from via Teatro Greco 2, also includes a visit to the remains of a Roman domus, to the eighteenth-century locutory that was part of the set in "Storia di una Capinera" movie by Franco Zeffirelli and, finally, to the Scalinata degli Angeli (Staircase of the Angels), monumental entrance of the church.
The site can be visited only on reservation, preferably on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Tariff reductions apply for certain categories of users.
Ask to the GIC for more information!